Sometimes when my contacts don’t work, I have to wear glasses. I’m thankful they exist because I’d be dead otherwise. But it comes with a number of downsides. Here are some
- Fogginess when there’s a change in temperature
- Rain proves to be an issue
- I’m terribly nearsighted so a “deal” on glasses for $60 turns into $275 pretty quickly
- Swimming kinda sucks
- Leaning over things like railings or boats instill a terror in me (what if they fall off!?!)
- Smudges and you’re not wearing the right shirt to clean it off
And more! But at least I can see when these things are out of the way.
If you complain about your glasses when you don’t have to wear them…I have little to say.